Volunteer from Palestine needed
International House Tartu is looking for a volunteer from Palestine to work with migrant community (kids and adults, including refugees) in Estonia from July 2019 until June 2020.
The activities the volunteer will do, as part of the team, are:
- activities for refugees and refugee kids, incl. organizing, preparing and carrying out weekly activities for refugee children to help with adaptation, create safe space for communication and support their learning and well-being;
- events to establish the positive links between local people and newcomers;
- work in the partner schools with Estonian kids and possibly with refugee kids;
- visiting Estonian schools to present the culture and challenges of the region, s/he is coming from.
We are looking for a volunteer with the following profile:
- 18 – 30 years old young person from Palestine
- good level of Arabic and English languages
- a friendly person who loves children and has interest and sense
- of responsibility to work with them
- open-minded and willing to learn about new cultures
- good communication skills
- ready to start 1 year long project from beginning of July 2019
The volunteer will live in Tartu which is second biggest but nice and cozy city in Estonia. S/he will be accommodated either in one of the student dormitories or in a shared flat. The accommodation will be appropriately furnished and has all safe living conditions, including Internet access.
Food and pocket money will be given to the volunteer monthly. Travel expenses to the project and back home will be covered up to 530 EUR, visa expenses – up to 250 EUR.
Voluntary work is full-time (30-38 hours per week).
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested, please send us your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com and copy in (cc) firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: May 6, 2019
Skype interviews will be made with the potential volunteers.
You may also download this call for a volunteer in a separate file
The volunteering activity is co-funded by the European Solidarity Corps of the European Union.